Monday 17 November 2008

Slim or no Slim, that is the question

No, I’m not mentioning Eminem’s alter ego, nor am I discussing English grammar, I am simply talking about jeans, tight, stretch, body embracing, slim jeans, THE one and only Slim. So, what’s the verdict? Yes or No? We wear it or not? Of course we CAN wear it, we can wear whatever we want. Anyone can wear whatever he (or should I say she, right?) wants.
We are way pass the times when we feel “obliged” to wear one or two types of clothes cause they suit us best. No, no and no, we wear what we feel like wearing. But could we get away with every single thing, regardless of what the reflection in the mirror tells us? Or does it still matter what the mirror says? And this mirror, is it a universal measure? Or does each of us have their own custom made mirror?
Now, back to my question, Slim or no Slim? Personally, I was against it, REALLY and TOTALLY against it, except for those (and I must add very few) “Super Models” blessed with the perfect sculpted body, slim silhouette, well defined waist, existing (but not too much) hips, and of course long (and not too thin) lean legs . And since very very few people meet this description (surely not me), one can understand why I was so against the Slim. Even through my few years (and I’m sticking to few, no more details) of searching, shopping, and mix matching clothes, never such thing has come even close to touching my body.
But this year, something changed. I am not “really and totally” against it anymore (I said was earlier, didn’t?). I don’t know what it is about this fall’s collection; maybe it’s my new found love for ankle boots that changed me, or just the desire for something new and different; but now, I am determined to try it. I’m not saying I will go buy the first Slim I try, or make it a regular item in my wardrobe; I never said that, no.
I’ll just try it, and we’ll see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mabrouk ya shoppy gal inte

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Pas mal Shoppy Li ;-)