Wednesday 26 November 2008

Tis the season for layers

The other day, when I was proudly showing my friend my beloved black skirt (the same one, what else?), she was surprised by the fact that my summer clothes were still in my dressing. Time to put them away, she said. Put them away? Put what away? My summer clothes? I don’t have summer clothes; I only have clothes, no winter, no summer, just clothes, no discrimination whatsoever. Why should I put some away, when I can have them all, and all the time? I don’t put away; I use, reuse and recycle. A tee-shirt becomes great over a turtleneck, so does a buttoned shirt. Summery dresses are used as tuniques, with a nice sweater above or an undershirt beneath (or the two together), opaque tights, and some fabulous boots. And let’s not forget the power of accessories. In the summer, the weather can get so hot that we forego belts and necklaces all together; but now, this is the season for all kinds of layers. A large belt worn over a shirt or dress, or maybe a very thin one for those who prefer it, complement the outfit; and of course a layer of long necklaces (or just one short) gives the final touch to the whole look.




Again, why put anything away? And besides, I have learned (the hard way I admit, but I have learned my lesson) that layering many different thin items can keep me much warmer that one big thick item. I have learned and become good at the art of layering (despite the looks some people give me thinking I come from another planet, but since when did I ever care what other people think of me?)
So, at the end, and for the last time, why should I put my summer clothes away? I will not. I just will not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey shoppy gal I think that layering cloths works however not all the time. I recently stumbled upon this unique website that you probably will enjoy
www.mvm.com here you can create your own virtual model and give your model the looks you want. then people can go and commetn on your looks and you can do the same hope you like it. :)