Friday 21 November 2008

Tried, Tested, Approved

Remember the Slim? What was the verdict? Yes or No? I was against it, really and totally; but then I started accepting the idea of it more and more, and indeed I tried it. Yes, I did.
One day, I just decided and I went looking for it. I wore flat comfortable shoes, and a somewhat big tee-shirt (ok, I was ready to try on slim jeans, but I was still not ready for a whole slim figure). And I tried store after store, shape after shape, and color after color. Wherever I went, I would grab all the available slims and head straight to the dressing room.
No doubt, some looked horrible (as least in my personal mirror), but others didn’t. And it turned out the experience wasn’t as bad as I would have expected. So it’s true what they say, “Never toss it till you’ve tried it”.
Finally, at Mango (one of my personal favorite stores at the moment), I tried on a pair of jeans called Lizzy (everything seems to have a name lately, don’t they?). And it fit, period. It just fit. It looked good on me, and I looked good in it, and I must say I’m a pretty tough audience.


And the good thing was that I was wearing flats, and it looked good. Even with flats, it still looked good, which meant that with heels, it will look even better. And I looked in the mirror, from all angles; and it looked good. I could not believe it. The waist is low, but not too much, the jeans are tight, but not terribly, and the hem stop right at the ankle, which will allow the ankle boots (that I’m still looking for and hoping to find) to be seen.
So I’m happy to announce that I bought my first Slim ever. I know, I’ll always have to be careful with my choice of tops; question of balance of course, but no worry there, I am now a pro at it, having endured all those years of not quite liking my body type (but then again, who does?).
The Slim? Tried, Tested, Approved.

No comments: